In this Article
This super simple Homemade recipe for body butter is fantastic for your winter skin – especially those dry, cracked feet! It is great to use after a shower and just before getting in bed. Covering your feet with some socks will help the product to sink in while you sleep (as well as protect your sheets!).
The reason this butter works so well after a bath or shower is that it will lock in the moisture left on the skin, preventing the loss that typically occurs after bathing. Using it this way provides the benefits of a moisture laden lotion, with a product that is water free – thus requires no preservative. Plus, with this process, the butter actually soaks into the skin faster, and leaves less of a greasy feel that can be common with a butter-heavy product.
How to take care of Skin during Winter ?
There are a few things that can help take care of winter skin:
– Use a moisturizer every day in the winter. This will keep your skin from becoming dry and wrinkled.
– Don’t use harsh soaps or cleaners on your skin in the winter, as this can cause skin irritation. Instead, use soap that is specifically designed for the winter season.
– Use a sun block every day in the winter to prevent skin cancer and other skin damage from the sun. – Avoid using any harsh products on your hair, as this can also cause skin irritation. Instead, use a shampoo that is specifically designed for the winter season and for dry or oily hair. – Keep your daily activities comfortable for you by wearing clothing that is appropriate for the weather. For example, wear a coat when it’s cold outside or dress in layers so you can adjust as needed.
– Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Homemade Body Butter Recipe
You will need:
- 8 oz. shea butter
- One Spoonful of coconut oil
- 15 drops peppermint/spearmint essential oil blend
- Place shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler on medium low. Heat until just melted, then place on the counter to cool to room temperature – about an hour.
- Pour mixture into a stand mixer with whisk attachment and add essential oils. Whisk on low speed until it thickens up. (This could take a while depending on the temperature of the butter when you placed it in the mixer.)
- When it firms up, it’s time to work quickly! Scoop into prepared containers. It will continue to thicken quite a bit, so you want to get it into the containers before it’s too hard to work with.
Let cool. Package and label with ingredients, date and instructions. Enjoy!
The homemade body butter recipe is a very good idea for winter skin care. It’s very moisturizing and works well on dry and cracked skin. It will give you a healthy and soft skin. If you have any questions about the homemade body butter recipe, let us know in the comments below.