In this Article
Did you know that apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for dandruff? Here are some tips to help keep your scalp healthy and free of flakes.
The term dandruff generally refers to the condition of the skin wherein shiny, silvery scales separate from the scalp and collect in the hair. Seborrheic dermatitis is quite a common skin condition that affects the scalp causing an itchy scalp and scaly or flaky skin and stubborn dandruff.
The condition can become troublesome when the skin gets infected. There are two main types of dandruff, namely dry dandruff and oily dandruff. Those with an oily skin tend to suffer from oily dandruff while those with dry skin suffer from dry dandruff.
The type of dandruff home remedy that one chooses must therefore be decided according to the type of dandruff. Oily dandruff can be a little tougher to treat as it tends to recur quite easily while dry dandruff can be prevented quite easily.
Seek professional medical advice if your dandruff shows no signs of improvement after two weeks of treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Natural remedy for Dandruff:
- Massage apple cider vinegar into the scalp and leave for 5 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar will remove the dead skin cells that are clogging the hair follicles and causing dandruff flakes.
- Apple cider vinegar will also restore balance to the scalp.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many benefits of apple cider vinegar, including:
1. Apple cider vinegar may help improve digestion. According to some studies, apple cider vinegar can stimulate the production of gastric juices in the stomach and aid in the removal of food particles from the intestine. This could help improve digestive health.
2. Apple cider vinegar may help with weight loss. According to some studies, apple cider vinegar can reduce the amount of belly fat by reducing insulin resistance and inflammation in the body. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that could help keep your weight under control.
3. Apple cider vinegar may help reduce cholesterol levels. According to some studies, apple cider vinegar can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and promote the production of HDL (good) cholesterol. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that could help reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Apple cider vinegar may improve brain health. According to some studies, apple cider vinegar may help improve memory and cognitive function. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that could reduce the risk of brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy for dandruff. It’s an effective treatment and it can be used on both the scalp and the hair, so it’s not just limited to using it on your scalp. You can use apple cider vinegar as a shampoo or rinse after you’ve washed your hair. It can also be used to clean the dishes, scrubbing them with the help of baking soda or washing them with apple cider vinegar. This is a great home remedy for dandruff because it helps restore balance in your scalp and hair which are usually very dry and over-processed from daily shampooing.